Whale watching season - re-starts - JUNE, 2020
|Hermanus Activities | Tours | Adventures | Whales | Great White Sharks | 100's of Activities in and around Hermanus||
Chill-out Activities, Hermanus - WINE TOURS
Wine estates, Wine Tours, Hermanus
WINE TOURS are by far the most popular laid-back activity and rightly so, as our wine region is stunning in scenery and stunning in producing incredible wines.
The Hermanus wine valley has 21 great wineries, 14 amazing tasting rooms, over 120 award winning wines, 5 fabulous lunch-time restaurants and all are set in outrageously pretty mountain scenery.
Tours start from - 2 hours - up to - 6 to 10 hours (full day) depending upon what you desire - and how quick you quoff :-))
Our Wine Tour Guides are accredited with the Cape Wine Academy so will discuss all sorts of wine related topics with you - it's history, vine and grape cultivation, cellars, barrels, corks, bottling, exports etc.....while you sip on your glasses of wine.
Wine Tours, Wine tasting, vineyards & fab scenery
Wine Tours of Hermanus
Your Chauffeur Tour Guide will drive you from one amazing winery to another in one of our luxury minibuses, supply a cooler box of FREE soft drinks, John Platter book to see what the wine experts have to say about each wine you are tasting, a box of crackers to cleanse your palate between each wine sampled, plus many other comforts.....
Longer full day wine tours allow you to discover further afield regions such as - Stellenbosch, Franschhoek, Elim, Stanford, Botrivier, Paarl, Worcester, Montagu (Route 62) or any region you wish to explore - with over 500 wineries within 2 to 3 hours from Hermanus, then you are spoilt for choice. Some wineries even have the totally orginal idea of "pairing" wines with Chocolate, Olives, Nuts, Biltong, Nougat or Cheese - yummy!!!
Lunch-time restaurants can easily be booked by us too.
Other Activities - African Eagle & Owl park; Lion park; Butterfly gardens; Crocodile park; Monkey park; fields of Antelope; Seal colony boat trips; 2 Oceans Aquarium - great at feeding time at the huge fish tank; Theme parks; local Micro-brewery to taste 7 very original beers; Cheese farm to sample 6 local cheeses; Massages / Healing Therapy Spas; Shopping trips for African art, gold, diamonds, jewellery and craft-work; Casinos; Light-houses; Hiking trails; Sea Fishing; Swimming on long sandy beaches, rock-pools and secret coves; Out-door concerts; Wine & Food Festivals; Township Tours; Planetarium; Whale Museum; Gold Museum; Candle Factory where Oprah Winfrey buys her candles; Ship Wreck Museum; and loads loads more............
Other chilled-out pursuits in Hermanus
Whale Watching boat trips Hermanus
Hermanus is blessed with many other laid-back activities to keep you busy and relaxed in equal measures.
- Whale Watching boat trips - there are only 5 boats allowed
- Land-based Whale Watching tours - with so many secret coves and inlets that the whales love to frolic in very close to shore
- Kayaking with the Whales (in season), seals, penguins and if you are lucky pods of Dolphins
- 3 seater Cessna Plane flights / Helicopters over the ocean and incredible scenery
- Penguin Colonies to see these comical birds
- Bird Watching - there are over 350 species of birds around Hermanus, so it's a "Twitchers" paradise.....
- Flower Gardens - with a Botanical Gardens only 30 minutes around the corner - this region is a World Heritage site due to its 1000's of unique flowers, cacti, trees and plants - collectively called Fynbos - it's a Botanists paradise.....
- Horse Riding along our huge deserted beach and/or up into the mountains
- Golf at one of our 2 fabulous courses
- African craft markets - loads of imaginative colourful creative designs - Art Classes too so you can make your own creations.
- Boat Cruises on a large luxury Catamaran
- River Cruises with BBQ / Braai facilities
- Scenic Road Trips - with SO much gob-smacking scenery your camera will be working on over-load - Cape Point, Cape Town, Cape Agulhas (southern tip of Africa), Garden Route, Route 62, West Coast and loads of other amazing locations.....and many more relaxed Activities and Tours available.......
Great African nature....let's go on SAFARI
Safari with the African animals
A trip to Africa isn't complete without going on a SAFARI.
Thankfully there is a Safari park within 2 and half hours of Hermanus. Situated in the remote and gorgeous mountainous and semi-arid desert region of the Little Karoo, with over 1,400 animals across 30 species in a huge 10,000 hectare park. So jump into your Safari Jeep with a Game Ranger to explore the African animals in their natural environments.
Luxury (and inexpensive) over night accommodation is available too. Their swimming pool is divine.